Over 30 years of Timber Frame Building Experience
Long before Avalon Cabins existed Avalon Building Services was providing high quality Timber Frame builds right across the UK.
Working on some huge projects including apartment blocks, hospital buildings and young offenders institutes we became one of the foremost sub-contracting building companies in the UK with a reputation for quality, precision and on time builds. When the building sector slumped during the recession Avalon Building Services was one of the few companies to emerge with no debts having paid off all creditors despite being owed large sums itself. Using the skills and experience gained over the years it was decided that we'd move into Modular Building instead as it was one of the few building techniques that was still in demand. It was an immediate success and our Modular Business has gone from strength to strength.
We've been concentrating on our Modular business but we haven't forgotten our roots. Now the Modular Business has grown sufficiently we will be looking to take on more Timber Frame work.
Timber Frame building is a quick and cost effective method of building anything from single dwellings to apartment blocks. We have recently engaged with a client and found that we could save them over £200,000 on a project they paid £650,000 to complete and we are looking at a leisure facility on which we may be able to save even more.
Why Timber Frame?
It's an important question to ask! There several main reasons:
- Cost - We aim to beat any brick and breeze block quote by a minimum of 10%
- Speed - A frame the size of an average sized house would be erected in less than a week
- Insulation - Timber Frames can be as much as 27% more energy efficient than brick and breeze block meaning that your walls are much less thick and leaving you more room inside
- Environmental - Timber frame methods produce a fraction of the carbon that goes into creating and using bricks and breeze blocks
- Sustainability - Every piece of timber we use comes from certified sustainable sources
- Reliability - Some of the frame building can be done in our factory unit unaffected by weather
Why not contact us today to find out how we can bring all these benefits to your build?